Due to improved efficiency and lower costs, solar power panels have become increasingly popular over the past few years. They’re especially popular in the American Southwest, where we get a ton of sunlight! As beneficial as they are, however, they’re not immune to problems.
This post from your electrical contractor in Carlsbad, NM will cover a few of the most common issues we have to fix:
- Solar inverter replacement: The panel’s solar inverter is responsible for converting direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC), which powers electronics in your home. Solar panels can last for up to 20 years, but solar inverters have a lifespan of five to 15 years. We recommend purchasing a higher-end inverter, as they tend to last longer.
- Low efficiency rating: A solar panel’s ability to convert sunlight to energy is called its efficiency rating, and the number can vary depending on its placement and age. If you think the rating is a bit low, it might be installed at a poor angle or getting up there in years. To ensure you get the most out of your panel, hire a reputable electrician to install it.
- Bird nests: Old or new, your solar panels make a great nesting spot for birds. While this might not seem like a huge deal, birds can make quite a mess! Their droppings can reduce the panel’s efficiency rating or even render it useless. To prevent this, make sure to clean the panels regularly.
- Roof damage: Any damage to your roof could affect the functionality of your solar panels. To help ensure a damaged roof doesn’t hinder your panels, we recommend performing regular roof inspections and making minor repairs whenever needed.
What are the benefits of solar panels?
Just because they can have a few problems from time to time doesn’t mean you shouldn’t hire an electrical contractor in Carlsbad, NM to install solar panels. Here are a few reasons to go solar:
- Lower electric bills: Because you’ll receive some power from the sun instead of just from your electric company, you’ll see energy savings almost immediately. The amount you can save varies on their placement and quality, but they’ll pay for themselves with time.
- Smaller carbon footprint: Reducing your reliance on the electric company does wonders to decrease your carbon footprint. By installing solar panels on your home, you’ll be doing your part to help save the Earth.
- Year-round energy: Many people think that solar panels can’t generate energy on cloudy days. While that may have been true decades ago, it’s not the case anymore. Your panels work in rain or shine to provide you with free power.
We can meet all of your solar panel needs
If you’re thinking of installing solar panels or you need to have your current ones fixed, contact JB Electric LLC. With years of experience and highly-trained team members, we’re a top residential electrical contractor in Carlsbad, NM! We’re available 24/7, so give us a call today to see what we can do for you.
Categorised in: Solar Energy