It’s all too easy to ignore electrical problems and think of them as “glitches” or “minor issues.” But the fact is that if you don’t deal with problems quickly, they can often blossom into a full-blown capacity. Whether you have a large oil field or a small shop, a steady, reliable electrical flow is crucial for running your business.
That’s why it’s a best practice to call in a commercial electrician in Carlsbad, NM whenever you’re experiencing electrical problems. Let’s take a look at the top warning signs that there’s something wrong with your electrical system that needs some professional attention:
- Outlet overload: Are you piling add-ons on top of a surge protector? This is a recipe for an electrical overload that could be dangerous. Instead, add more outlets to keep things safe and functional.
- Frequent circuit breaker trips: If you’re having to make multiple trips to flip the circuit breaker back, this means that the circuits are drawing more electricity than they’re designed to. This could lead to a dangerous electrical fault and should be checked out.
- Lights flicker or dim: If your lights are flickering or dimming and it’s not a dying lightbulb, then it’s a sign of bad wiring. This needs to be fixed to avoid putting too much stress on the electrical system.
- Outlets making buzzing noise: This is typically a sign of faulty wiring. Bringing in an electrician is important to avoid electrical fires.
- Hot switch plate covers: Some dimmer switches and plate covers will feel warm to the touch. But if they’re genuinely hot to the touch, then this is a sign of a bigger problem. Call an electrician immediately to deal with the issue.
- Standing water: When water is anywhere near an electrical outlet, this is a recipe for disaster. You may need to use ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) to make the environment safe and compliant with regulations. These need to be reset and test regularly.
- Grounding: Older buildings that do not have three-prong plugs are less likely to be fully grounded. This could be a safety hazard if not properly addressed.
It’s essential for all your electrical work to be done right the first time, and let’s face it—your business depends on electricity. That’s why you should hire the pros at JB Electric LLC whenever you need a commercial electrician in Carlsbad, NM. We’ve helped business owners and homeowners throughout the area avoid electrical problems and keep things running smoothly. Our safe, reliable service has proven to be just what’s needed for our customers over the last decade.
No matter the setting or the project, our experienced technicians are ready to get to work on your behalf. Our services also include helping oil field operators keep their sites running effectively each and every day. Our licensed and experienced teams are scalable to any capacity, ensuring that we’ll deliver whatever your business requires. Contact us today to learn more and receive a free estimate—we look forward to assisting you soon!
Categorised in: Commercial Electrician