You probably have a general idea of what electricians do in many industries. Whether you know that particular industry or are simply familiar with electrical work, you may know some of the tasks assigned to electricians. But what about oilfield electricians in Carlsbad, NM? Do you know the responsibilities of electricians in the oilfield?
To find out what these professionals are up to, check out the following job descriptions. You might be surprised at some of the tasks on their to-do list!
- Design: Modern oil and gas drilling equipment is fairly complex. Oilfield electricians in Carlsbad, NM may develop and design electrical control systems for this machinery.
- Documentation: Electrical systems at oilfields require drawings and schematics as well as procedures for operation. Oilfield electricians may produce these documents.
- Reporting: To maintain smooth operations of oilfield machinery, oilfield electricians may be required to write reports and routine correspondence that keep everyone informed of operations.
- Installations: When electrical equipment must be installed onsite, oilfield electricians in Carlsbad, NM may be called upon to complete these installations.
- Repairs: Regular maintenance and repairs are a necessary part of any oilfield operation. Oilfield electricians complete these tasks.
- Inspections: Thorough inspections ensure equipment is operating safely and efficiently. Oilfield electricians in Carlsbad, NM conduct daily inspections of the systems and report any issues.
- Troubleshoot: If any problems are encountered with electrical systems, an oilfield electrician will troubleshoot the issue and make recommendations for repairs or upgrades.
- Calibrations: Precision is essential in the oilfield industry. An oilfield electrician in Carlsbad, NM may calibrate systems and modify operations to meet specific site needs.
- Supplies: If there is an issue with a piece of machinery, it’s important that parts are available to make necessary repairs. An oilfield electrician in Carlsbad, NM maintains the parts supply to prepare for emergency repairs.
- Supervision: It is not uncommon for an oilfield site to employ a team of electricians. In these settings, one oilfield electrician in Carlsbad, NM will supervise the other members of the team.
- Adherence: Oilfields must adhere to a variety of regulations. An oilfield electrician in Carlsbad, NM ensures that electrical operations meet all necessary requirements.
- Technology: Oilfield electricians in Carlsbad, NM must be up to date on the latest developments in technology. These professionals may create packages and systems using modern software and other electrical technology.
- Budget: An oilfield electrician in Carlsbad, NM may assist with the preparation of the budget for the site’s electrical systems.
- Records: For the many aspects of electrical systems, maintenance, supplies and repairs, the oilfield electrician will maintain accurate records.
Do you have additional questions about oilfield electricians in Carlsbad, NM? Contact the knowledgeable staff at JB Electric LLC. Family owned and operated, we are dedicated to delivering prompt and reliable service for oilfields and a variety of other industries. For over a decade, we’ve been the go-to source for electrical services. Reach out to our team today for more information and to discover what custom services we can offer your organization. We look forward to becoming your electrical services partner for life.
Categorised in: Oil Field Service