Need Insulated Gloves? Here Are Five Good Options
August 27, 2020
Switching off the power does not completely eliminate the risk of electric shock. Current can flow even after being cut off, and many workplace accidents arise when electricians start work secure in the belief that all is safe. Gloves for electricians in Carlsbad, NM are made of rubber and designed to prevent this scenario. Here are five options for gloves that offer protection against electric shock:
- Magid Safety M011B10 Electrical Gloves: Made from dielectric natural rubber latex, this option offers low voltage protection that withstands up to 1,000V AC/1,500V DC. They work well for linemen, field service workers, contractors and high-voltage machine operators. While sizing fits large, these work for multiple applications and most people find them comfortable. You may just want to choose one size lower than you usually order for gloves.
- Klein Tools 40074 Electrician’s Gloves: These are sturdy gloves that can withstand the abuse of electrical work. Many people find they work for other projects outside of electrical work, which makes them a favorite across many trades. They are breathable and comfortable throughout the day. However, when you first wear them, you will find them stiff, and will need to be patient through a break-in period.
- ESA SUPPLIES Insulated Rubber Electrical Protective Gloves: These gloves are constructed out of durable rubber. They can withstand up to 1,000 V and provide basic security in most electrical jobs. You will find a snug fit and a fair price, along with the versatility of being compatible with many electrical applications. These are an excellent option in high-voltage commercial or industrial settings, and can handle the impact of an electrical shock. Being made of rubber, they smell horrible when they are first removed from the package. It takes a few days of use for the odor to dissipate.
- National Safety Apparel Rubber Voltage Insulating Glove Kit: Offered by National Safety Apparel, these gloves come as part of a kit. Besides the gloves, the kit includes a storage bag and 10-inch leather protectors. You may need these items as well, so the kit is a good value. The gloves work well for general and arc flash applications and are favorites with utility workers, electricians, contractors, construction workers and linemen. For electricians, wearing these with the leather protectors are a huge help. The only problem is sizing, so pay attention to the sizing charts and measure your hands correctly.
- 3M Nitrile Foam Coated Comfort Gloves: These affordable gloves that resist electrical currents are sold in pairs so you will have a backup pair the day you purchase them in Carlsbad, NM. They are designed primarily for electrical and maintenance work, so they are durable and meant to be worn all day. Electricians like the grip and the fact that they can feel the wires and still work safely. The gloves offer protection from electric shocks, but the coverage also protects you from burns and flames. These gloves run small, so consider ordering one size higher than you usually would.
JB Electric LLC offers electrical services in Carlsbad, NM. We serve homes, businesses and oil fields in this area. If you require electrical repair or installation, call us today to schedule an appointment and estimate.
Categorised in: Electrical Safety